Friday, March 27, 2015

GREEN SMOOTHIES

It can be pretty pricey when trying to eat healthy. I have had to find a way to make green smoothies that taste good to kids and myself included.  Here we go.

Machine I use:
Ninja. What’s important are the watts. At 1500 watts, it is comparable to the vitamix. Although there are some differences. Those that use the vitamix seem to have a hard time adjusting to the differences of the Ninja. There are different watts available for the ninja so make sure if you are thinking about purchasing one be to check the watts.  I looked at many youtube and web reviews for comparisons of the vitamix. At less then 1/2 the price of the vitamix this was the winner.

This is the one I use..



Green smoothie with fewer calories:

30 grams Raw spinach
40 Fresh Raw kale
20 grams fresh pineapple
1 tbsp Lemon Juice
3 fresh Strawberries
20 grams Banana
Water to desired thickness (add slowly after blended)


Green smoothie the kids will enjoy:


40 grams) Raw spinach
40 grams Fresh Raw kale
150 grams Fesh pineapple
2 tbsp Lemon Juice
8 whole Strawberry
1 Banana
½ to 1 whole Mango
1 Kiwi
6 oz Pineapple Juice
1 medium red delicious apple
Water to desired thickness (add slowly after blended)





This one was for my son, he asked for a little aloe in it. He used to drink that fake aloe drink that tastes good, but is full of sugar, he doesn't know how bitter it actually is. He likes it thicker then i do, so I add a little red apple to the blender. Pour out enough portions for him then add a little water to the rest for me.










This one is mine. as you see more of a naked juice/bolthouse consistency.



1 comment:

  1. I agree that green smoothies are best and effective in weight loss. You know I make Green drink of spinach, kale and kiwi. It really boost up my energy level for exercise and also helping in losing my excess fat.

    ReplyDelete